- Name: Daniel Cukier
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Birthday: 18/03/1979
- Address: São Paulo – Brazil
- Professional Blog/ Poetry Blog / Twitter / YouTube / Picasa
- PhD Student @ University of São Paulo in Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems area.
- Computer Science Master degree at IME-USP – São Paulo in Distributed Systems (2009). Thesis theme: Patterns for Introducing New Ideas in the Software Industry
- IME-USP São Paulo, Brazil – Bachelors in Computer Science (2004)
- Fourteen years in programming and software development.
- AgilCoop member and author of blog AgileAndArt
- Current focus in Web Development and Agile Software Methodologies (eXtreme Programming, Scrum)
- Knowledge in agile modeling and Domain Driven Design
- Patterns for Introducing New Ideas
- Advanced knowledge developing web based software, RoR, JEE (Struts, Velocity, Hibernate, REST, SOAP), AJAX, Web 2.0
- Experience in developing mobile software with J2ME.
- Programming Languages: Ruby(OnRails), Java, C, C++, WebObjects, Perl, Smalltalk
- Development of BI Reports using Crystal Reports and BIRT (Eclipse project)
- Databases: MySql, Oracle
- Operational Systems: MacOSX, Linux (administrator level), UNIX.
- Internet: configuration, managing server. Security: firewall, proxy, gateways, e-mail server (qmail), backup system, wireless networking.
Jan/2012 – today – CTO @ Elo7
- Elo7 is the biggest online marketplace for buying and selling handcrafted goods in Brazil. It’s a community connecting people interested in unique and quality artisanal goods to craftsmen and artisans that produce them.
- Leading the engineers team (8 people).
- Migrating infrastructure to Amazon AWS
- Reengineering the software to scale out.
- Creating architecture for APIs and integration with other platforms.
Jan/2011 – today – Ph.D student @ IME-USP
- Technical leader developing Choreography enabled Middleware for the CHOReOS Project, a worldwide project for the Future Internet.
Sep/2006 – Jan/2011 – Software Architect and Development Manager @ Locaweb
- Team leader at the infrastructure software development team, mainly using RubyOnRails to develop a web system to manage all company’s infrastructure (9.000 servers).
- Software Development Team leader in the Company’s core systems. Designing distributed system architecture, Web Services (RESTful), high available and scalable architectures.
- Virtual PBX, based on Asterisk. Applying XP Methodology and leading a 7 people team. Knowledge on VoIP Technologies (SIP, RCP, codecs) and telecommunication services (Call Center, IVA, Mailboxes, Queues). Web interface developed in Java and Ruby on Rails.
Mar/2003 – Aug/2006 – IT Consulting and Project Management – Daniel Cukier ME
- Distributed System for a B2B project using JEE – Integrating factories with providers and stores.
- System for maintaining manufactured products technical details (modeling and managing development team) (Java/Swing)
- B2B and B2C (e-commerce) Web Projects – JEE, Struts, Hibernate
- Integrated System for product manufacturing and improvement control (Java/Swing)
- Development of an yield analysis system
- Consulting for decision making on technology departments of companies
Mar/2002 – Mar/2003 – IMB têxtil LTDA (PUKET Socks Factory)
- Internal Consulting for processes optimization in factory, storage and logistic areas
- Management of technology team, development of operational and managing reports using Crystal Reports
- Use of LOGIX integrated system, specially the ERP and products modules
- Network and Intranet management. Solutions using Linux and Open Source Softwares
- Informix DBA. Database optimization, SQL analysis
Jan/2001 – Mar/2002 – AD METAM (Italy)
- Training and expertising in Apple WebObjects 5.1 (Java) – web development
- Project management for Web Projects using WebObjects Application Server
May/1998 – Jan/2001 – IMB têxtil LTDA (PUKET Socks) – IT Projects
- Internet/Intranet network with Linux, Proxy, E-mail, Firewall, Web Server
- Development of a Statystics System and Business Intelligence reports
- Implanting an ERP System (Logix) in the company
Jul/1993 – Dec/1997 – UNIT Consultoria e Sistemas: Technical Support Analyst and Network manager
- Expertise with softwares Goldmine (CMM) and Ultimus (Workflow Processes)
- New technology researches and deployment of these technologies in the company and their customers
- Small systems development (private banking, sales management, orders, costumers, label printings)
- Multimedia content development (Autodesk Animator and 3D studio).
English (fluent), Italian (fluent), Spanish (basic), Hebrew (basic), Portuguese (mother language).
Other but not irrelevant
- Actor – 3 years acting in musical theater and 1 year in a Web Novel (allTV)
- Travelling in Europe: Italy, Spain, France, England, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Check Republic, Germany, Greece
- Musician – singer, guitar, piano and percussion
- Vipassana Meditation
- Author of the poetry book “Para Todos“
- Photography – Flickr and Picasa